Friday, 7 March 2014

Project: Master Bedroom inspiration

I am fed up of our master bedroom looking like a 13 year old girls bedroom:



A lot of work is going to be needed on this room & it could be more expensive than the changes we have made to the rooms we have tackled so far.
The look that I want to go for in this room, is hotel chic with clean white bedding. Here are some inspiration photos.

This one incorporates some green, so we could possibly work with some of the accessories we already have:

This is another example of incorporating the green, but I am not 100% on this, I love the white curtains, but this would mean we would need blinds as well to keep the light out & I'm not sure if white is a bit too clinical for a bedroom:


This is a bed set from Argos, which I am in love with but it's pretty pricey, originally I was just looking at the curtains but I love the bedding too. Since we have two windows in this room we will need two sets of matching curtains and finding some cheap enough in the style I want is going to be a challenge in itself:

 

This is one of my favourites, I love the black & white prints, the headboard, the throw & the futon at the end of the bed:

Some more neutral looks:

We are going to have our work cut out on this one. There are several areas within the room which I have plans for.
I would like to turn the built in storage cupboard into somewhere to keep the laundry equipment ie. Ironing board & wash basket. Something along these lines, with some storage space to help me keep on top of my washing now we have a baby on the way, without having it all out in the open:

The other area that needs work is the dressing table. This is the desk of a girl I randomly came across on Instagram & I love her dressing table, I need something like this for mine, in particular the Perspex make-up draws, the candle holder pots for ear buds etc & the proper dressing table mirror:

For the bed I would like a headboard, and some nice bedding.

In the rest of the room the main important changes to be made are the curtains/blinds, the lampshade & artwork. 

I am unsure whether to work with the green rug & lamps or whether to update them too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment