...is of interior design.
I have always been a fan of programs about home makeovers, I think my first ever home makeover program obsession was changing rooms back when I was a teenager. Despite living at my parents house, it inspired me to do what I could to change my living space, even though at that time my 'living space' was just one bedroom. Ways in which I managed to add changes to a small space were simple touches like re-organising the items within the room, painting, up-cycling furniture & adding key pieces such as flowers, shelves & ornaments - over the years my teenage bedroom received many transformations.
My latest program of inspiration has been the Grand Interior Design Challenge which was on BBC 2 & it has relit my enthusiasm for making the most of my living space for minimum cost, what I found surprising about the program was that with a budget of £1,000 per room, was the amount they managed to achieve for this such as new carpeting & just an overall transformation.
Now I am about to embark on my maternity leave it means that I will have a little more time (at least until baby arrives) to give our current home a bit of TLC & without having to spend large amounts of money, at least this is what I am hoping.
I have always been pining crazy on pinterest & have a board on there for each room in the house and recently I have found an app called houzz which also consists of the same kind of idea, so I have plenty of inspiration to get me started.
Since moving into our rented home (a challenging factor) we have already made many changes to brighten the place up, as on moving in every room consisted of beige carpets & magnolia walls.
So I here embark on my journey to revamp our house & make it as beautiful as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment